I was given this amazing opportunity to try two gluten free black rice pastas from Perfect Earth. I decided to try the regular black pasta package first and after much consideration as to what dish would work the best with this pasta, I chose a cilantro shrimp dish.
I had never heard of a black rice pasta and had heard that gluten free pasta was usually hit and miss, but I have got to tell you that this pasta was amazing. It tasted like my usual gluten enriched pasta! I even invited a friend over that has a gluten allergy, so she has been sampling many gluten pastas over the years. She really liked it as well. Full disclosure, I was given the pasta to try out but this in no way swayed me to write a blog post about the company. I only write about products I actually like ;)
Onto the recipe.....
Cilantro Shrimp with Black Rice Pasta
Perfect for Spring, Summer or any time you want something light, refreshing, yet filling!
1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon spanish paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 garlic cloves minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup cilantro , fresh, chopped
1/4 cup white wine (I used Chardonnay)
2 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
4 ounces Perfect Earth Black Rice Pasta
fresh cilantro chopped, for garnish
1. Heat large skillet until hot on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil - it should run easily but not sizzle or burn. Add shrimp to the skillet, making sure it doesn't crowd, sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of Spanish paprika over shrimp. Cook shrimp, stirring once or twice, on medium heat, about 3-4 minutes total, until pink in color.
2. Add minced garlic, diced red bell pepper, chopped cilantro, white wine, 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice to the shrimp. Reheat gently on medium heat, stirring to combine, for about 1 minute. Remove shrimp from the skillet.
3. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
4. Add pasta to the skillet with sauce. Mix to coat. Taste, and add more salt if need.
5. Add shrimp back on top of pasta. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
Guess what..... Perfect Earth decided to give my friends, family and followers a 10% discount on their Consumers Packs! If you would like to try this awesome gluten free pasta. Just enter code: "Norwegianmama10" to receive the discount. Hurry, the discount code works till August 26, 2018 only. Click on this Link and have fun shopping!!